All of the ingredients in this recipe are actually raw but I have decided to add the recipe under Paleo instead of Raw because of the eggs in the homemade mayonnaise. Most of those interested in a Raw recipe want it to be without any animal products.
- Put cabbage, carrots and onions in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, blend the homemade mayonnaise, lemon juice, raw honey and celery seed with a whisk.
- Pour mayonaisse dressing over vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Place coleslaw in refrigerator for at least an hour - until vegetables have wilted and flavors are blended.
- 1 Large Red Cabbage julienned
- 2 cups peeled and julienned carrots
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/4 cups homemade mayonnaise
- 2 lemons seeded and juiced
- 1 Tbsp. local and raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed