Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
Hot and Sour Chicken Soup is one of my kids' favorite foods. We love eating it especially when it is cold outside or when we have colds because it helps to clear the sinuses and boost up the immune system. This Hot and Sour Chicken Soup is just such a high protein, filling meal that your family will love!
- Saute onions on medium/high heat in a heavy pot for three minutes.
- Add sliced onions and carrots. Saute vegetables until carrots are just soft.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in mushrooms. Add ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, honey, vinegar and sesame oil. Bring temperature back up to a boil.
- Whisk tapioca starch and chicken broth vigorously. Slowly add tapioca solution to boiling soup while whisking soup. Bring soup back up to a boil.
- Once the soup is thickened, lower heat to Medium. Very slowly drizzle whisked eggs into soup while stirring the soup.
- Add bamboo shoots, green onions, salt and pepper and a small amount of chili oil. Bring heat to Low and let sit for 5 minutes. Taste soup to see if the soup is spicy enough. Add more chili oil a little at a time until the taste is spicy enough. Serve hot.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, sliced
- 2 Chicken Skinless Breast- medium diced
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- 5 Mushrooms, sliced (Any mushroom will do - depends on taste)
- 1 Tbsp Minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Ume Plum Vinegar or substitute White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch mixed in half a cup cold chicken broth.
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bamboo Shoots thinly Sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hot Chili Oil to Taste