- Cut the ginger into chunks and place them into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, stir to coat and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ginger to a clean jar.
- In a saucepan, stir together the vinegar and honey until incorporated.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Pour liquid over ginger chunks.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then put the lid on the jar and store in the refrigerator for at least one week.
- Cut pieces of ginger into paper thin slices for serving.
- 8 ounces fresh young ginger root, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey