Raw Fruit Tart
- Grind both almonds and pecans in food processor until fine.
- While food processor is turned one, add one date at a time to nut mixture.
- Add cinnamon and ginger or other combination of spices.
- Process until the mixture is fully incorporated and the texture is sticky and holds together when you roll it in a ball. Additional dates may be added.
- In clean food processor, combine all custard ingredients until smooth
- In a tart pan or pie pan, press crust mixture to the bottom and sides of the pan. Try to get crust as thin as possible without making holes.
- Pour custard in the middle of the crust and smooth out to the edges.
- Layer freshly cut fruit on top of custard to make the tart look pretty.
- Place tart in refrigerator at least one hour before serving so the tart can set and become stiff to make it easier to cut and serve.
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds (soaked over night, drained, rinsed and set on counter to dry)
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 2 slightly ripe large bananas- peeled
- 1 Mango- peeled and seeded
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Raw Honey to taste
Any combination of desired fruit for top. I used blood orange, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries.